Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Whew!

Yesterday was quite an adventure. With my mom, my sister and Bruce by my side I sailed through my first chemo with flying colors. The chemical concoctions were dripping in for hours and after my last bag beeped empty my fabulous nurse Joanne gave me hug and said I graduated...my sister smiled and said I'm no longer a chemo virgin! I feel good today. Pretty amped up on the dose of steroids they gave me and I'm not feeling sick. Yay!! My mom, sister and I ran errands, met with friends, went out to lunch and even tried on a few wigs!

I'm getting a bone scan and chest x-ray tomorrow...keeping my fingers crossed. Remember that good news my sister is waiting for? I'm hoping we get that tomorrow :)

Thank you all for your well wishes and your support...I feel so fortunate to have such a loving group of family and friends. I'm grateful for you all. Love, Tracy

1 comment:

Jamie Leaf said...

Hi Tracy, I was thinking about you all day on Monday, and so glad to hear the initial treatment went well. Please reassure your mom and sister that we all will fill in when they are not here, and they should not hesitate to ask any of us to do special errands, etc. Love, Jamie