Friday, August 19, 2011

Celebrate!

Just when I was getting ready to dance a jig and celebrate an upcoming week and a half of increased energy and a healthy appetite I learned that the racquetball-sized lump under my arm was fluid in search of a space. The thing about fluid is that it gets lonely so eventually I could trade my racquetball for a bocce ball and be in serious geek mode. Anybody remember Elayne's famous dance on Seinfeld? I think she had a bocce ball under her arm.

Thanks to the pleading nurses at the Cancer Center my fabulous surgeon squeezed me into his lunch hour, inserted a drain and made me good as new. Hurts like hell and I look like I have a colostomy bag hanging from my armpit but I can't complain. Liz held my hand while the surgeon poked, prodded and drained...Heidi and Amy made sure I could safely shower then wrapped me with an ace bandage reminiscent of Gwyneth Paltrow in Shakespeare in Love. Lesli brought some wonderful food for dinner. I am truly blessed to have such wonderful friends...when I ditch the bag I may try that jig after all!

Good night all...sweet dreams

No comments: