Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Fill 'er up!


Liz is picking me up today and taking me in for my third fill. Feels a little like bellying up to the bar or perhaps the gas station. And my expanders, that will pass for breasts for the time being, are feeling more and more foreign the more expanded they get. Last night I felt like I had a top or bra on that was about four sizes too small but there was nothing to take off. Sometimes I just want to rip 'em off but fortunately the inclination doesn't last long. And just a few more "fills" and I'll be done with this part of the fun!

Yesterday, Liz and I went to Daisy Ducks and the featured speaker was Ashton Eagon, former Duck track athlete who will be competing in the Olympics in the Decathlon. He was so well spoken and incredibly humble in the midst of the fame he is beginning to experience. Speaking of which...check out the June issue of Vogue and you'll see his pic among other Olympic contenders. And he's a Bend native...got to love that!

On an interesting note...after our meeting with my surgeon last week we learned I would be the subject of this week's Tumor Board. All my docs (in addition to their colleagues) will be discussing my amazing (and oh so fortunate) response to the chemotherapy. Hoping to have a sense of what to expect in the coming months concerning radiation and future surgery. But in the meantime I'm hanging in there and enjoying the day :-)

1 comment:

Tracy said...

*Ashton Eaton...not sure how that missed my keen editing. Sorry Ashton!