Monday, February 13, 2012

Feeling Springy

Standing here with Rosie looking out the window at the birds flitting about. The cold gray skies are punctuated by the first harbingers of Spring...in our yard that would be our camellia, a few rhododendrons and our daffodils. There is something so hopeful about the changing of seasons. In the Valley that hope is demonstrated in the various nurseries around town where folks are buying up flowers and vegetables and fruit trees to take root in their cold wintered yards. A hard frost or a bit of snow is not uncommon in February but we can't help it. Spring, and all its inherent beauty and possibility, is there for the taking and it's just too damn tempting to pass up. And as February makes it's slow trek into March, I'm beginning to feel like my own body got the memo. Things are changing and it's all for the better. My hair is growing, I'm getting my eyelashes and eyebrows back and my strength and flexibility are returning with each day. I'm feeling good, or maybe even a qualified great, and although I'm still spending much of my energy taking each day as it comes, I am looking forward to what's ahead. Recovery is all about today but hope is about tomorrows. I think it's the perfect time to plant some pansies...they'll look gorgeous this summer.

No comments: