Thursday, November 10, 2011

Make mine a Bloody Mary....

Spent the day at the hospital yesterday getting a blood transfusion. My red cells have taken a hit after over the course of my treatment and I needed to top off my tank. It's amazing how exhausting a little anemia can be!
My mom, bless her heart, drove down the night before so she could be with me. It was so nice having her with me. We talked and laughed and played Words with Friends. Made the nearly 8 hour day seem to fly by.

This happens to be the Civil War Blood Drive, where Duck and Beaver fans donate blood in honor of their school. Oregon State has claimed the prize over the last number of years but the real winners are Oregonians (like myself :-) ) who benefit from the gift of donation. So if you're a Duck or Beaver fan and interested in donating blood, this is a great time to do it!

http://www.laneblood.org/uncategorized/civil-war-blood-drive/

My doc said I may need another before my surgery next month and I'm thinking that a Team Edward t-shirt would be fun in light of all the Twilight hoopla!

Looking forward to watching the game this weekend...should be a gas!

No comments: