Sunday, November 6, 2011

Get Ready to Ride

As my chemo treatments come to a close, I am beginning to feel the same familiar nervous swirl in the pit of my stomach I felt when I was diagnosed. There is an odd sense of safety and comfort that comes from having this viscous nectar pumped through my veins. The chemo is in search of cancer cells...the chemo kills the cancer cells. So what happens when I'm done? Will the surgery and radiation be adequate to finish off the job? I'm betting my life that this will have the one-two-three punch of a classic Tarantino film. I say a line or two of witty dialogue that gives way to a kick-ass, slightly ironic song. Then I fight like hell and, surrounded by my slain enemy, my cancer, I walk off the set, victorious. I'm a warrior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfuHgzu1Cjg

No comments: