Wednesday, April 18, 2012

One and Done...




Yesterday was my last radiation treatment. Yay!! Liz drove me and it was rather festive in spite of all the, well, radiation. I brought cookies for everyone as it's a high energy job and they need every chocolate chip they can get their hands on. And in turn I got a diploma! Had I known I would have fashioned a mortarboard out of a cereal box and brought my tassel. Now that would have been a hoot to be sure. I got a clean bill send-off from Dr. Gemmell and will see her again in four months so she can check on the nature of my skin and how it's healing.


Then it was off to Daisy Ducks, a quick errand and the other Cancer Center for a dose of Herceptin.

Still celebrating, Heidi joined us for cookies and sparkling cider. A couple hours later I was done for another three weeks. In the meantime I will be going back to Dr. Movassaghi (plastics...the surgical variety, not like The Graduate) to get re-expanded. I get to revisit my Pamela Anderson days. Yay! When I see him in two weeks I'll have to wear the shirt my sister gave me. It says "Girl Power" with a picture of Wonder Woman on the front. Woo, it's perfect as Wonder Woman and I will share the same bullet bra physique! There is nothing reminiscent of the soft female form when it comes to the expanders. They are hard as a rock, or bullets as the case may be. When the time comes I'll be in the frame of mind to embrace my rock-hard chest as it's one step closer to the end of the race. A while back I likened this journey toward health as a marathon and I'm guessing I'm at about mile 18. I've done most of the hard stuff, climbed the hills and achieved my endorphin high. Now it's time to just keep on keeping on until I sail through the end...with all of you at the finish line cheering me on. Thank you! I couldn't do it without you!

No comments: