Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Peaks and Valleys

Had a wonderful Labor Day weekend...watched the game on Saturday, went to visit family and friends and Sunday and rested on Monday.

The doctors warn you that you will feel fatigue and today is the day. Felt like I got blindsided by a two-ton tanker and spent much of the day on the couch dozing off. And I'm getting a painful hard lump under my arm where I had the drain removed. So perhaps a visit to the surgeon is in my future...oh joy!

But on the bright side my mom is here -- sometimes you just need your mom.

**Saw the surgeon this morning...too much risk of infection to drain my arm again. Between the heating pad, cold compresses and some pain meds I should be up and running before too long. It's a beautiful (albeit HOT) day and I actually feel up to going to the store with my mom. Think I'm heading out of the valley!

6 comments:

Aunty Linda said...

Hi Tracy. Thinking of and praying for you daily. Happy your Mom is with you for a spell. I just read the back posts (forgot how to get on this blog thing), what is Angry Birds? Am I showing my age? Stay strong and know how much I love you.

Jamie Leaf said...

Hi Tracy, Glad to hear you a feeling a bit better. If you and your mom want to come by the museum for a visit, let me know. I could reserve a parking space for you in back. It is nice and COOL inside. Brian Lanker's photos are on view through Sunday. -Jamie

Jaylynn said...

Hope I didn't hurt you when I hugged you today. Tell us if you need to be handled gently!! xoxo.

Jaylynn

GrantWriteProductions.com said...

Hi Tracy,
My mom is coming over to be with me today for a surgical procedure. Just having her here makes my world better. We all need our moms. I will pray for your body to heal my friend. (((((Tracy))))) Love, Tammy

Tracy said...

Thanks all...Auntie Linda, Angry Birds is a game you play on your smart phone. A totally addictive time suck but lots of fun :)
Jamie, think we'll pass on the museum but I did see the Lanker exhibit at Heather's wedding and it was amazing.
Jaylynn, hugs are always welcome :)...I'll be thinking of you tonight as your beloved Packers take on the Saints.
And Tammy...hope everything is okay! I'll be thinking of you (and your mom) today. Sending healing thoughts your way :)

GrantWriteProductions.com said...

Good Morning Tracy, I have to share a silly Tammy story with you. :-)
I had a scar revision done yesterday so I can be part of a dosing study for a new drug that would prevent scars. I am hoping the drug will help mastectomy and accident patients. I didn't think I was nervous until I was getting dressed after the surgery and discovered I not only put 2 completely different shoes on, but I wore them without noticing! I laughed so hard I cried! I hope that you laugh too. Laughter is the best medicine my friend. Love, Tammy