Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Moment in Time





Before I had my surgery I had some photographs taken to commemorate, to record, to celebrate what was. I worked with Peggy Iileen Johnson (http://eugenephotographer.com/), a wonderful photographer who Liz recommended when it was time for Taylor's senior pictures. We looked at different websites and blogs and decided to do a combination of documentary-style photographs that I can compile in some fashion and pictures just for me. I didn't know how important they would be, or if I would have the courage to look at them after my surgery but I finally opened the disc last week. As I look at them (all 250+!) I'm taken aback. I thought that the photos of my body would be most important but in fact it's what she captured in my expression that touches me most. Peggy was able to elicit all the feelings and emotions that have marked my journey thus far. She captured a significant moment in time and I am so grateful for the images of a warrior.

1 comment:

Jamie Leaf said...

Thanks for sharing these, Tracy. I love the one of you in the pink wig. Your ability to "make lemonade" when life gave you lemons is so admirable and inspiring. Stay srtong through this next phase, and soon we can celebrate your recovery. Love, Jamie