Friday, December 9, 2011

The Big C

I've got some new blood flowing through my veins and I'm beginning to feel better. But I must admit that now that chemo is done I'm beginning to feel a little anxious. I was so focused on getting through each infusion that I never really took in the big picture...the Big C. And now that's all I can think of. There is a support group for younger breast cancer patients that I plan to check out and hope that it may be helpful.

In November I was interviewed by Lindsay, a lovely young woman who works for CAWOOD Advertising and writes about the personal stories of cancer patients for the Willamette Valley Cancer Institute's Believe Blog. The link to my story is below if you're interested. Oddly enough I met her at Daisy Ducks as she was attending a meeting with her grandmother and spoke to us about her involvement in the Susan G. Komen Race that was held in Oct.

Just goes to show that every day the people we meet and the experiences we have can have an impact in ways we can't appreciate.

And I'm trying to appreciate them all.

Good night...


http://believeinstitute.com/blog/entry/fans-cheer-for-breast-cancer-survivor-as-she-wins-each-day/

No comments: