Friday, July 29, 2011

Time for a Deep Breath

Getting my ducks in a row here...we've met with all the players and it looks like I'll be getting the full monty (hormone blockers, immunotherapy {herceptin} and chemotherapy). Somehow I thought I might be able to avoid the chemo part but it looks like that offers me the best chance of survival so it's a non-starter. Surgery will be a couple weeks (one of the surgeons is out of town) but I may get a lymph node removed next week to check for spread.
Aside from the anxiety associated from processing all this info I'm feeling good and enjoying time with my family and friends. I'm so happy it's summer time and I can be buoyed by the sunshine and warm temps.
When I get some dates I'll be able to give you all a sense of what the immediate future holds.
Have a great weekend :) love, t

3 comments:

Heidi D. said...

Hey Tracy,

I love this, It's so cool and looks like you, even under the circumstances you are looking and feeling pretty. You know how much you are loved and I can only imagine all the info you are getting used to. Let's keep walking and getting you ready to fight.

Love Heidi

Liz Garfinkel said...

Hang in there my friend. You're right to enjoy life and the sun, gloom is not healthy. Your sunny spirit will give you strength. Will try to call from NC. Love, Liz

lee said...

Tracy, Life sure throws us some curve balls. You handle them well.
When you need a little distraction and are feeling up to it, come to one of our bridge events where it is about the friends and not the cards. Your friend, Lee