Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday...Happy Birthday Moosh!!...and I got my Herceptin to celebrate. And Taylor is in town for the week so I got to show him the ropes at the Cancer Center and introduce him to all my wonderful nurses. There were so many young people getting treatment in the infusion room. Taylor and I talked and joked and enjoyed the gorgeous sunshine outside but the sight of the kids getting one bag of chemo after another was very sobering. This has been quite the journey...along the way I've become a different person in many ways but I have also been introduced to a world I only knew from afar. And I haven't taken this trip alone. My family and friends have been my stalwart companions...keeping me company, making me laugh and never letting me forget that the world is full of love, compassion and much to be grateful for.

My family is coming to town this weekend for my cousin Ross's wedding...can't wait to see everyone!

Good night all...and in honor of one of my favorites...Let the wild rumpus start!



No comments: